If you have been charged with a criminal offence, Burlington Criminal Lawyer is here to provide professional legal assistance right away. Our firm has a team of experienced lawyers who are here to protect your rights. We specialize in most areas of criminal law including drunk driving, theft and sexual assault. Count on us for full legal advice and representation and we will use all of our resources to help you achieve the best outcome.
Strong Skills and Expert Knowledge
When you need legal defence, you would want to hire a professional who is excellently prepared for the job. This is what you will receive with Burlington Criminal Lawyer. Each one of our lawyers has litigated a diverse set of cases over the years. This has helped our whole team to accumulate a huge amount of practical experience. When this is added to our expert knowledge, we become invincible. Our winning percentage is very high and this is the reason why our firm is a top choice for people accused of various offences such as firearm possession, fraud and drug trafficking. Another major factor for our success is our dedication to each case. Our lawyers fight the rights of clients with strong determination for success.
Criminal lawyers, also known as criminal defense lawyers and public defenders, work to defend individuals, organizations, and entities that have been charged with a crime. Criminal lawyers handle a diverse spectrum of criminal cases, ranging from domestic violence crimes, sex crimes, violent crimes and drug crimes to driving under the influence (DUI), theft, embezzlement, and fraud.
Criminal Lawyer Duties & Responsibilities
Criminal lawyers represent defendants facing criminal charges in state, federal and appellate courts. Their scope of practice includes bail bond hearings, plea bargains, trial, revocation hearings (parole or probation), appeals and post-conviction remedies. As part of the lawyer’s job functions, a criminal lawyer will:
- Investigate the case and interview witnesses
- Research case law, statutes, crimes codes, and procedural law
- Build a defense and develop a case strategy
- Negotiate with the prosecution to plea bargain to lesser charges
- Draft, file and argue motions such as motions to dismiss and motions to suppress
- Advocate for the defendant at trial
- Draft, file and argue appeals
The work starts as soon as you get in touch with us. You will receive full legal advice in the first place. Our attorney will explain the charges that you face under the Criminal Code of Canada, present your options and answer all of your questions. This will help you to make the right decision regarding the defense of your case. If you hire us, we will start working immediately.
The first task of your lawyer will be to examine your case in great detail. Thorough expert investigation is the foundation for solid defense. At this point, the professional may find grounds for the dismissal of the charges pressed against you. In this case, you may not go to trial at all. That is why it is important to work with the right counselor.
Criminal Lawyer Skills & Competencies
Criminal lawyers must possess a variety of additional skills to succeed in their jobs, including the following:
- Writing and speaking skills: Excellent oral and written advocacy skills in order to argue a client’s case before a judge and persuade a jury.
- Research and investigative skills: Investigative and research skills are also important in building a client’s case and establishing a strong defense.
- Creative and analytical skills: Strong creative thinking and analytical skills to develop a legal strategy, analyze case law and litigate complex cases.
- Legal knowledge and experience: In-depth understanding of state, federal and local rules, court procedures, evidentiary laws, and local judges to navigate the criminal justice system efficiently and competently.
- Interpersonal skills: Excellent interpersonal skills are necessary to build a strong client-attorney relationship. Criminal defendants are a finicky group who sometimes go through many lawyers before settling on one they like. Therefore, the ability to attract and retain clients is essential to a thriving criminal defense practice.
With Burlington Criminal Lawyer, you will receive legal representation at your bail hearing and throughout the whole trial. If there is an appeal, your counselor will handle it as well. You will be in good hands all the time. Your lawyer will build a strong strategy for your defense in advance and apply it with the help of the best legal instruments available. Expect the professional to fight resolutely with great eagerness for victory.